Scroll to the bottom of the page to learn more!!
Paul Stokes l American Family Insurance l 608.274.9702
Mary Beth Call | Nations Title| 608.630.6192
Sheri White l eXp Realty l 608.333.3334
Peter Stebbins | Fairway Mortgage | 608.698.3980
Peter Stebbins | Fairway Mortgage | 608.698.3980
Carla Nowka | Preferred Title | 608.271.2020
Hospitality & Reservations
Melissa Eckstrom l State Farm Insurance l 608.419.0014
Sara Whitley l Old National Bank l 608.957.9757
Ruth Mathe l Cutco Knives l 608.438.6100
Kris Teasdale l Restaino Homes l 608.235.4682
Renae Stafslien l Summit Credit Union l 608-243.5000 ext. 2730
Hiam Garner l First Weber l 608.576.5215
Dan Piazza l American Family Insurance l 608.241.9000
Sara Whitley | Old National Bank | 608.213.7447
Sara Anderson l First Weber Realty l 608.276.5200
* = voting members
• Conduct an audit of the Treasurer’s records at least two weeks prior to the final Network meeting of the year and report on the completed audit at that meeting.
Awards and Recognition Committee
• Plan and coordinate visible symbols of appreciation
• Review bylaws and amend as needed.
• National amendments to local bylaws are automatically binding; simply notice to your members.
• Local bylaws in conflict with the model bylaws will not be approved.
• Submit amendments to National WCR for approval.
• Develop and review periodically Standing Rules, which should be voted on each year.
• Rights of membership are granted, or limited, only in the bylaws, never in the Standing Rules, which are for
administrative convenience only.
• Work closely with the Parliamentarian if the Chapter has one.
• Recognizing the needs of the community and finding ways for WCR to give back to the community
Finance and Budget Committee
• Prepare an annual budget for approval by the Governing Board.
• Review budget and actual expenditures with the Treasurer as needed.
• Plan and conduct fundraising programs as needed, including funds to enable the Local President, President- Elect and Vice President of Membership to attend national meetings.
• To find fun creative ways to raise monies for our organization and chosen community charities
• Keep and maintain archives of past Governing Board and Membership Meetings and events, photos and documentation.
• Welcome newcomers to Chapter meetings and introduce them to the members.
• Encourage unity and friendship within the Chapter.
• Communicate on behalf of the Chapter with members who are ill or bereaved.
• Recruit new members by planning a Chapter membership campaign that encourages and challenges members to recruit new members.
• Plan for recognition of new members at Chapter meetings.
• Retain existing membership and re-recruit “dropped” members.
• Notify National WCR and state and local officers of changes of status or address of membership.
• Compile and publish a Chapter roster.
• Before distributing membership applications to prospective members complete the dues amounts on the application and the name of your Chapter. These steps will ensure speedier and more accurate processing by National WCR.
• Pre-qualify candidates for National Affiliate membership – make sure your Chapter is under the 30% limit and the individual holds membership in a Local Board of REALTORS®.
New Member Orientation
• To take a pro-active role in providing new members with information of all the benefits of WCR locally, regionally and nationally. To set the stage for a happy active member.
• Fulfill obligations of Chapter bylaws Article VIII Nominations. Must be elected at Annual Election Meeting to serve the following calendar year. Service on this committee is limited to REALTOR®/REALTOR-Associate® members.
Programs and Education Committee
• Plan business resource programs that will increase your member’s productivity and income.
• Plan and develop programs for Chapter meetings consistent with the needs of members. The impact of WCR on the members increases when each Local Chapter provides meaningful education for a more professional and successful career in real estate.
• Carry out program plans completing arrangements for speakers, panelists, etc.
• Evaluate programs’ impact and success.
• Inform members of educational opportunities offered by the Local Board, State Association, NAR Affiliates, and by nearby educational institutions.
Public Relations Committee
• Promote and maintain a favorable image of WOMEN’S COUNCIL OF REALTORS® in the eyes of our various publics.
• Prepare and submit media releases to publicize Chapter activities and achievements as required.
• Copy National WCR on all newspaper clips mentioning WCR activities.
• Notify National WCR of any radio or television coverage of a WCR event.
• Plan and prepare communications (meeting notices, newsletter) for the membership.
• Coordinate a photographic record of Chapter activities, for history and publicity
• Record reservations for Chapter meetings and report as required. In some Chapters, arrange meeting place and menu, responsible for reservations equaling guarantee.
• Maintain attendance records.
• To maintain and track the amount of funds available for scholarships, to determine need and to award scholarships to ALL members for WCR training, education and events.
• To make connections with local business owners who support our mission and encourage them to provide funding for our organization or for specific events. Raising awareness and funds.
Ways and Means Committee (options of Chapter)
• Assumes from Finance & Budget committee the responsibility to conduct fundraising programs.
• Raises funds to enable the officers to attend national, regional and state meetings.
• To create website, update the website and social media avenues, assist in facilitating and disbursement of Business Resource Meeting announcements, organizations quarterly newsletters and other information as necessary.